Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hello to the New Iphone 5! in a layman's stand point

Elo!

So I stood up all night (ok well until 3am here) excitedly waiting for the release of the Iphone 5 by Apple. The tension was building up in my mind because really, with all of the fearless forecast of the people regarding the new features and the new look of the new phone who wouldn't be curious? It even came to a point that I would dream about holding it in my hands, cuddling it, tucking it in bed, and continously... Oh well that's a story that's way off topic. Anyways after the much awaited release of the Iphone 5, this is what I got.



Apple Iphone 5 Specs:

***
The Iphone 5 has a LONGER screen than that of it's older generations, it has a good 4 inch screen which is also containing more vivid and clearer display.

They boasted a longer battery life for the phone compared to the 4 and 4s. (yet to be tested personally).

It's lighter and thinner. 18% lighter than the 4s as they claimed. made entirely of aluminum and glass. ( ok please of course the insides and other hardware are not made of aluminum and glass!!)

They basically said that everything will be faster on the Iphone 5. an A6 chip meaning faster app loading time and gaming experience, Ultrafast LTE and Wireless connection (150mbps).

Camera still at 8mp on the back, better aperture, better speaker, better videos taken, better front face camera.

Alot of improvements due to the IOS6. SIRI just became smarter!

It comes in black and slate, and white and silver combo!

The Dock port is now smaller and they called it LIGHTNING! (iCloud, iLightning, iThunder? haha)


Well i wouldn't go too deep on the specs, I just stated everything that a layman would look for if he was reading a specs review of the gadget because seriously we only look for 3 things when checking out a phone especially here in the Philippines.

(photo taken from http://www.tourism.gov.ph)

1.) HOW MANY MEGAPIXELS IS THE CAMERA?
2.) DOES IT HAVE WIFI?
3.) HOW MUCH IS IT?

Funny isn't it but that's the reality, even I'm guilty of those most of the time!

Alright then! all in all I must say after all the waiting I was a little bit disappointed with what I got. Is it just me or were my hopes really too high for the ip5? I was kinda hoping for much better specs, and even on the design, Literally I was in my seat and said "So we have a longer Iphone? what now???". I even got the same reactions from my friends when they heard the news. Although I really am applauding all the new features and functions the new iphone has for me I think it just have that wow factor that's missing, or maybe it's because of all those tease and speculations that people gave that lead me to a very high expectation.

And so for all the readers, if you live in a third world country like ours and you might want to buy an iphone 5 and you already have a 4s or you already have the SIII or Galaxy note and you are not really using your phone for anything else but playing, communications, and music please be WISE and PRACTICAL, maybe you should stick with your current phone. But if you are part of that "intsy bitsy tiny" percentage of REALLY RICH people here in our country, go ahead and buy it's not like anyone's stopping you from spending your money, (i'm silently thinking now that maybe you have already pre-ordered from apple while reading this LOL!). In my opinion I think I'd keep the iphone5 in my wants list and not really on the needs list.



For those who would want to buy, and are capable of buying. the release dates are as follows:

US, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, France, Japan, Hongkong and Singapore - September 21, 2012.

Philippines and other 3WC - No idea yet whatsoever haha. maybe on October or the holidays season (I'll update you on that)

Prices are the same as the ones on the release of the 4S, carriers are both SMART and GLOBE. (still waiting for both carriers to announce their plans, and if LTE will be available here in the Philippines)

In case you are wondering what LTE is it stands for Long-Term Evolution simply put its the 3G's better brighter faster stronger brother!


Still in the end I think I'm sticking with my GALAXY NOTE.


So you were waiting for a cool and awesome in-depth look at the specs right? ain't gonna happen because as you can see in the title this would be on a layman's view. If you really want a good review and a reliable source regarding the Iphone5 please visit Sir Abe's site at yugatech.com, or you can follow their facebook account https://www.facebook.com/YugaTech. He has a good review of the Phone and tons of gadgets and techstuff that you might want to see. (thanks Sir Abe I borrowed the Iphone 5 photo from your site hehe).

ok that's all I'm sleepy and tired, this is hard! hehe til next post! ^^,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...